Thursday, April 28, 2005

All For This One Moment

CIMG2059

Does this picture remind you of someone? Does that smile remind you of someone? Does that bring back a memory?
Sure does.

I found this picture at the Inner Ring Road junction, at Koramangalal. Its an advert. for Lufthansa Airlines, which goes like this:


"Flying from 5 Metros in India, with the best connectionss to anywhere in the world.

All for this one moment."

Somehow, the picture reminded me so much of Mona. It really did. I miss her, and I miss her hug. So much. I couldn't get the picture out of my head, so I went and took a few pictures of it today, and showed them to my mum. She, without any suggestion, also identified it as a reminder of Mona. Its the smile. Its taht unforgettable, wonderful smile of hers that once you've seen, you cannot forget. Everytime I think of it, a smile creeps into my expression. And stays there. So, its not just my torn memory thats getting the better of me after all.

All I want is that one moment. Just once more, to be with her, to talk to her, to tell her how much I miss her still, and how much I love her still. I'll give anything for this one moment. All for this one moment.

6 comments:

Meghna said...

I'm sure she'd be really happy to know that there's someone who loves her as much as you do.

It's good to keep a memory alive. It's that memory that will keep you alive.

Beautiful thought. Keep ya head up...

Anonymous said...

that one moment.
can never let that go na?
no matter how hard you try or how much you think you've 'moved on'.
all it takes is that one moment.
and it all comes rushing back.
amidst all the chaos, amidst all the lies, amidst all the entaglements. it's that moment that stands out.
and that moment knows no time, no situation, no place, no right, no wrong.
it's there. it happens. and then it's gone.
and all it leaves behind is a memory.
and a wish that you could have frozen that moment in time and held it with you.
because it never comes back.
my 'one moment' came and went too. just a few days ago.
a glimpse of another world, and a harsh landing to reality.
i hope you know what i'm talking about.
my one moment. you do remember it na?

:-)

0 said...

It is so her... :) and ditto

Aveek said...

Mia: Thanks... :-)...

Aa: Yeah, duh I remember it... not likely to forget, am I...?

Spliff: The beginning of the post was mainly aimed at you. Was wondering if you'd notice it... :-)

Sneha: Mona, was,well... Mona was this girl (does that really qualify her...? She was what? 24...?) I met at Palm Meadows (where I stay). Over six months I got to know her really well, and we got really close somehow. She was loads of fun, and I just enjoyed her company tremendously. I could say a lot more, but it might just be lost on everyone. You'd never fully understand what I mean unless you've met her.


Cheers!!
Aveek

0 said...

hey ... u know i didnt notice it was aimed at me... and yes yes yes. i think of her all the time. i still can't believe it. its really strange... i feel guilty of so many things and worst of all not visiting her folks. most of all i miss her so much.

Anonymous said...

you're right...it does remind me of her...warm cheerful smile...and i know what she meant to you...

keep ya head up...that's 2pac, isnt it?