Monday, February 28, 2005

Dire Straits - Money For Something

Yeah, money for something, and it better be good. But then again, its Mark Knopfler that we're talking bout, so it can't be anything below awesome.Its less than three days before my exmas start, and I'm still to start preapring. I have become the laziest person on the planet, and I'm too lazy to fix it. Instead of focusing on my exams, I'm trying my very best to get two tickets for the Mark Knopfler concert - not that anyone car completely blame me for wanting to see God himself!

I took back my criticism on Sting, but I have none for Mr. Knopfler. I hope I will not have any reasons to have any. As far as I - not to mention almost every guitar-playing/observing fan on this planet - am concerned, the only thing that he can do wrong is play studio recordings of his music. This is one artiste whose best performances are Live. Has anyone heard Alchemy? He played Live, and all the songs are like liquid tension (Speaking of which, there was a band called Liquid Tension Experiment. Alternative Hard Rock. Very good if you're into serious Rock and all. I can get you a CD if you're really interested.).
The sound from that strat was enrapturing. It was like sipping Vodka in the Carribean, with these hundreds of servants attending to you on your personal beach alongside you're 200-acre mansion. The only thing different was that the sea, instead of being green, was elctric blue, and pulsating, and each wave would rise, soar, and fall in the wake of another one, in the most beautiful pattern ever.
He would be mad to not play like that here, or for that matter, anywhere. Even if just to show what he's capable of, for those poor sould who don't know already. He must play Hard Rock. He mut play Sultans Of Swin the way I've heard it, the way everyone should hear it. They must realise that it IS possible to better yor studio recordings by 1000%, and to change the song from cool, laid-back, almost jazzy to electric, divine sound that WILL take you to a better place.

I'm waiting...

4 comments:

0 said...

blue pulsating and electric waters... awesome... poetry in prose... me likey very much. all the best for ur exams. kick butt (like always i'm sure). tc babe

Anonymous said...

none of the doodle boards are working! ..whats goin on!!!!!!!!
nanya

0 said...

doodle is no longer free people

Meghna said...

OMG...really???? THATS the reason?? Let me know if you find one too Aveek...this stinks! =p