Monday, November 01, 2004

McDonalds

I finally went to McDonalds at the Foum today - with my parents. Here's a tip - if you've got parents like mine, DON'T GO THERE. They simply hated the place(As did I, so I really don't see why I wrote that.. Hehe...). But what made it really annoying(I seem to have an affinity for "strange" and "annoying", no?) was that while me an my sister waited brushing shoulders with sick sweaty saree wearing women (an men - i think... YUK!!!) my parents were sitting in the Honda listening to jazz. And then when I call them there, they promptly go and grab a table and leave me and my sister(who can be thoroughly incompetent) to carry three trays from the bottom to the top. And, of course, knowing my sister, she dropped all three cokes.
Enough of dissin my family... you guys know I didn't mean it! But yeah, the entire McDonalds excursion was as far waay from "I'm Lovin' It!" as is possible. I mean sure, the guys other side of the counter are nice an all, even when it comes to customers who spit in their faces while ordering(ya, I saw it happen - GROSS!!) but thats not it at all. The portions are so small, they'd make pin-point of light look gigantic. Not to mention the fact that everything tastes just like everything else. Yes, the MahrajaMac tasted just like the CrispyChinese which tasted just like the PaneerWrap which tasted just like the FrenchFries(Minus the extra salt, thank god). And its not like any of the food tasted good. Even KFC(Yes, the same KFC of oil (in)fame) is better. Not even the packaging was in any way appealing. As you unwrapped your "meal", you saw this vast mountain of waste pile up infront of you, anong with the ketchup, which was on the paper mat(cause they forgot to give you a plastic bowl to put it in). There was definitely more wrapping than the food. No wonder so many people around the world are uh, the way they are[ ;-) ]. Especially in countries like The States, where these fast-food places like Burger-King and McDonalds are everywhere, even where there's no telephone or petrol-pump. I'm amazed that with this (lack of) quality McDonalds has become so famous and (GASP!) popular world-wide. Looks like this planet has some really bad taste. I'm definitely never gonna visit McDonalds again - EVA! Not even to see the look of anguish on peoples faces once they realise that they've just been duped by the worlds most popular toll-booth on the road to absolute horizontalness... not to mention brain-sappingness.
Verdict: 1/2 star.

No comments: