Sunday, November 28, 2004

The iMac, and it's (Hypothetical) Problems

The iMac
(That's the entire iMac, wires and all. There are 5 external wires. No complicated jungle of overgrown enamelled wire.)

And now to the point:
I need games! And not some cheap games that even I can program on the computer(Yes, and if I can program them, you can imagine justt how cheap I mean). I want games like The Sims, SimCity4000, Evo 4X4, Halo, Delta Force and the like. But no, Aspyr Media has decided not to sell the games in India. WHAT THE SHIT ABOUT THE MILLION ODD MAC. USERS IN THIS COUNTRY, HUH?!
Stupid international policy. As far as I know, almost every game has a Mac variant that is internationally sold. Almost anything from The Sims to Driver to Tony Hawk Pro Skater to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six has a Mac platform. But they willl not sell it here, will they? Twits. Morons. Idiots. And a host of other light insults.
I gess they are justified, in a sense. The Mac is a brilliant piece of engineering. Way better than Windows, Linux, or any other OS in the market. World-wide, it is highly acclaimed, but in tis country, it's just about catching on, and only really tech-savvy people would have any knowledge of tits capabilities. And if you're that tech-savvy, you probably work on the computer a lot. So, essentially, the Mac (In this country at least) is used as the ultimate work-station. Never crashes. More facilities. More power. Easy-to-use. But at a price - Specifically, Rs. 88,000. Ouch.
But for anyone else in this country, there are so many pre-concieved notions about Windows, that even software firms have had to make plans to seel only products for windows, and more recently, Linux(This OS being programmers choice and all...). So that Looks to be it for Mac. users, who are gonna have to wait quite some time befoe products are introduced for the Mac. X OS.
On top of that, my dad has blamed my games as the reason our old Compaq Presario crashed - ritualistically, once a year. Stupid Windows system. And so, he refuses to buy me any game at all. Cheap-skate. Now what do I do?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pfffffffffff

you call yourself a programmer? thats the funniest thing i heard in YEARS!!!

if youre a programmer then im probably god... :D

plus the iMac isnt the best thing in the world.
check out the alienware 7700 laptop.
linux OS is far far better than mac, which is in turn far far better than windows.

however an iMac at home sure beats the crap ibm school comps, doesnt it? ;)

arjun

Aveek said...

Hey arjun,
I've learnt a few bit here an there, an kinda qualify by now(ok, this is ur que to dis me to heavens end, and to boast bout urself till u die from over-inflation)... admitted the iMac isn't (possibly) the best thing on the planet, but it is still skockingly good for anyone who has put up with windows for so long. And until I experience anyhig better, I hold firm on my belief that nothing beats a Mac.
We shall have to wait till I see the Alien whatchamacallit system. Linux SUCKS. I have a friend who has it, and its only meant for computer geeks who got nothing better to do in life than go programming and create usless little bugs till their eyes pop outta their sockets and integrate wit the silicon. Oh, wait a minute, thats why you think its so good! DOH!!! How dumb of me, the simple, non-overnerdy tech loving(Not infusing wanna be) creature. Somethings hit you, and others just work as background data... yuk yuk yuk...
but on the more serious side, tell me more bout this system.
And another thing. I dont give a damn bout what you say, but laptops are worthless. they are small, compact, and portable, sure. But they are small so as to be strenous to the eyes(outside a particular limit, of course), the keys are small, and fumbly, and hard to use at times, and the mouse (normally) is a red dot, which needs operation keys in another place altogether. YUK. I'd rather sit at home, view a nice big screen and be happy in the knowledge that it is NOT easily portable, and can actually be used without looking like ur in the middle of a cyber conference. When youu have the comfort, why go outta ur way and get a laptop which will give you the same recources as the PC, but is wierder to use? jst to look cool? ah, arjun, even you must surely be over that by now. And don't say they give you privacy. you can't really have any sharing a room with anyone. It jsut acts a banner for attention. look inside and you will realise that the only reason you like (and want) laptops so musch is that you wanna look cool. You KNOW oy u can do the same - probably more - on a PC. It is just as likely to crash as the laptop(being built on the same crappy system) - unless its the G4 Notebook(Apple).
have you seen the G4? Perfection. 21" of pure perfection. Just 2 inches thick, and 21" inches of screen is the entire computer. Not even the iMac's hemisphere anymore. and the best OS yet. you gotta see it to believ it.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of notebook computer stand and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on notebook computer stand. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit your blog again!!

p.s added you to my favorites take a moment to stop by http://www.note-book-computer.com for I update it frequently

Anonymous said...

searching for information in blogs is alot different then searching in google or yahoo I think I finnaly got the hang of this, i realy enjoyed reading your post thanx for the info...Teeth Whitening Queensland

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing around the blogs and came across this one just thought i'd say thanks for the info...,Salt Lake City Tooth Whitening

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I'm just a retiree from Wyoming surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. You've done
some nice work here. Keep on bloggin, my friend.

Regards,
Jake


tooth whitening albuquerque

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just a retiree from Virginia cruising around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Keep on
bloggin--yours looks good.

Regards,
Mason


tooth whitening providence rhode island

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I'm just a retiree from Wyoming surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. You've done
some nice work here. Keep on bloggin, my friend.

Regards,
Jake


dentist tooth whitening